Date: 09 August 2012
Click here for printable version
Order an EV SSL Certificate from Comodo
The process for obtaining EV-SSL certificates involves a little more work than obtaining ordinary SSL certficates.
Read on to make the process as quick and easy as possible. If this is not your first EV certificate request, you may omit step 5 (documentation) unless: it has been more than 12 months since your previous subscriber agreement and legal opinion was submitted; or the certificate is for a domain not covered by these documents. In either of these cases you should regard this order as a first-time order and complete all steps.
Remember that EV SSL Certificates incur an additional charge. You will be invoiced for these separately.
- Make sure the primary domain is already pre-approved in the CSM.
- Generate the CSR on the web hosting server.
- Order the EV-SSL from the CSM, selecting the correct EV-SSL type
- Take a note of the order number which is generated within the CSM - this should be attached to the documents that you will submit as part of this process.
- Complete and sign:
EV SSL Certificate Subscriber Agreement. (Note this is still necessary despite agreeing to the EV SSL subscriber agreement within the CSM.)
ANDLegal opinion letter for EV SSL
- Complete and sign:
EV SSL Certificate Request Form - Simplified. This form should be used if one person is to act in all three roles, Certificate Requester, Certificate Approver and Contract (Subscriber Agreement) Signer.
EV SSL Certificate Request Form - Full Version. This form should be used when more than one individual are acting in the roles of Certificate Requester, Certificate Approver and Contract (Subscriber Agreement) Signer. It's advantageous if the Requester and Approver roles are performed by the same person.
- Scan and email the forms to email@example.com, or fax to: 1-866-446-7704. Remember to include the EV SSL order number mentioned in step 4.
- If Comodo has sufficient information, it will commence verification. If not, it will ask for further information via the email. Note that verification includes verifying the organisation's identity, and domain ownership and/or control using the established DCV procedures.
Expect EV-SSL issuance within 2 weeks. Check your EV-SSL certificate status regularly in the CSM. You should be contacted via email.
If you have any more questions about Comodo EV SSL Certificates, refer to Comodo's EV SSL Certificate FAQs or AusCERT EV SSL FAQs.