AusCERT is the leading Computer Emergency Response Team for Australia
and provides computer information security advice to the Australian
public, its members, including the higher education sector. We are a
single point of contact for dealing with computer security incidents
affecting or involving Australian networks.
As a not-for-profit security group based at the University of Queensland, AusCERT helps Australian Internet users and organisations prevent, detect, respond to and mitigate cyber and Internet based attacks.
Formed in 1993, AusCERT is one of the oldest CERTs in the world and was the first CERT in Australia to operate as the national CERT, which it did until 2010.
AusCERT monitors and evaluates global computer network threats and
vulnerabilities, including after hours when AusCERT staff remain on-call
to respond to new information in a time critical manner. AusCERT
publishes security bulletins, drawing on material from a variety of
sources, with recommended prevention and mitigation strategies.
AusCERT's incident management services can be an effective way to halt an ongoing computer attack or, provide practical advice to assist in responding to and recovering from an attack.
The University of Queensland. The University of Queensland is one of Australia's premier learning and research institutions. UQ continues to attract the vast majority of the state's highest academic achievers and is renowned nationally and
internationally for the quality of its teaching and research. In 1998-99
it was named Australia's University of the Year and it continues to
enjoy the highest overall rating for Queensland universities in the
annual Good Universities Guide.
AusCERT is self-funded and covers its operating costs through a variety of sources
including member subscriptions, the annual AusCERT conference and service contracts.
Within the University, AusCERT is part of Information Technology Services
(ITS) which operates the university's network. The network is currently
ranked 17th largest in Australia providing direct services to over
65,000 users. ITS also operates the University's supercomputers and
many of its largest servers and an Internet Service Provider (ISP),
UQconnect, providing both retail and corporate services to a growing
As an active member of the Forum for Incident Response and Security
Teams (FIRST) and Asia Pacific Computer Emergency Response Team (APCERT), AusCERT has access to accurate, timely and reliable information about emerging computer network threats and vulnerabilities on a regonal and global basis.
Additionally, AusCERT maintains a large network of trusted CERT contacts
in North America, the United Kingdom, Europe and throughout Asia. We use
these contacts to receive early warning of global threats and to assist
in responding to incidents which span jurisdictions.
AusCERT Services: AusCERT provides computer emergency response services to members and the wider computer network community.
AusCERT Conferences: AusCERT Asia Pacific Information Technology Security Conferences are held yearly in May. The first and second AusCERT Conferences were nominated by the delegates: "Australia's premier IT Security event".
AusCERT Vision and Mission Statement
- AusCERT Vision and Mission Statement
AusCERT Remote Monitoring Service (ARMS)
- AusCERT Remote Monitoring Service (ARMS) is a member-only service to provide routine network monitoring of Internet facing computing infrastructure owned or operated by the member.
Security on the Move Perth: August 7 2014
- Security on the Move is roadshow of one-day Information Security conferences hosted by AusCERT.
How to become an AusCERT Member
- AusCERT is a not-for-profit organisation which relies on member subscriptions to cover its operating costs. By becoming an AusCERT member, your organisation will have access to timely, threat and vulnerability alerts and priority access to incident management services.
- AusCERT Contact Information
You have been advised your web site is compromised - what now?
- You have been advised by AusCERT that your web site has been compromised - what next?
- AusCERT member subscribers receive benefits not available to non-members.
2006 AusCERT member survey terms and conditions
- The terms and conditions of the 2006 AusCERT member survey.
Member Only Priority Hotline
- Starting 1 June 2005, members will be able to reach AusCERT staff 24x7 through
the new member only priority hotline.
AusCERT Member Forum Mailing List
Incident Management Services
- AusCERT's Incident Management Services refers to how we coordinate and handle reports of computer security incidents referred to us in an effort to resolve an incident, or assist reporting sites recover from an incident.
AusCERT PGP Public Key
- AUSCERT's PGP Public Key. You can verify the contents of this file by loading the key into your keyring, and issuing the command:
pgp -kvc email@example.com
Secure Communications with AusCERT
- How to communicate securely with AusCERT
- AusCERT Privacy Statement
- Copyright Statement
denotes AusCERT member only content.